NSFAS funded students will now be able to update or change their contact details online through the Mynsfas portal on the scheme’s website. This comes after NSFAS received feedback from worried students who could not sign their bursary agreements because their details were not up to date on the system. The process is set out below.
1. Login to my.nsfas.org.za
2. On the already registered tab
Enter your username and Password
Click on sign in button
3. Click on my personal details
Go to the cellphone number section
Delete and remove and type in the new cellphone number
Click on update details
4. OTP will be sent to your new number
5. Enter OTP and submit
6. Number is successfully changed (if a duplicate number exists student will get an error message)
Students can still use the manual process by emailing a certified copy of their green barcoded ID or smart card and a completed affidavit specifying that they have changed their cell phone number; with the new and old number listed to email@example.com.
– Issued by Kagisho Mamabolo NSFAS Spokesperson, on behalf of Management.